Anyone who knows me knows that brownies are the absolute death of me. There was one time during the school year where I woke up in the middle of the night with such bad cravings for brownies that I cried because I couldn’t go out to get any, as all of the stores were closed. The love is intense, my friends.
I’m a follower of Martha Stewart and one of my best friends is a baking goddess (Check out her Instagram to see her baking!), so naturally that has been inspiring me to take a stab at baking from scratch rather than a package.
After making these brownies, I am legit never going to buy store bought brownies ever again. The brownies were just so light and the texture was so moist. They weren’t too rich or heavy, so the sweetness didn’t make you feel sick to your stomach.
If you all love brownies and baking as much as I do, I have included my brownie recipe below. If you guys end up baking, definitely tag me in the post so I can see how yours turned out!
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. butter
- Nuts (Walnuts, pecans, peanuts, etc.); optional
- Mix sugar, cocoa, eggs and vanilla; gradually add flour and salt.
- When that is mixed, blend in butter. Spread in a 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes. If your pan is bigger than 9×13, keep it in for about 30-35 minutes, depending
- No baking soda or powder is needed for this recipe.