I don’t know what’s been up with me lately, but I’ve been baking a lot lately. I’m not usually one for baking, but it’s actually been such a nice thing to do when I have a break from working.
And this time, I took a break from baking brownies and decided to make cornbread, a Southern classic. I had been craving it all summer and finally decided to do something about it and make it myself.
I have shared my recipe down below. If you guys end up making it, definitely tag me so I can see how yours turned out!!
- 1 1/2 cups of cornmeal
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sal
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a small bowl, combine cornmeal and milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix in the cornmeal mixture, eggs and oil until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean.